LSLSI operational objective is to inclusively improve the skill levels of rural Indians through:
- Raising the awareness of the need and importance of developing life and livelihood skills of rural Indians through public forums for the exchange of best-practice research, experience and innovative policy proposals in the area of skills development.
- Establishing demonstration project(s) for testing, analysis and development of best practice life skills and livelihood skill development in rural India.
- Encouraging the use of best-practice skill development throughout India by actively and widely advocating for the adoption of successful programs developed by LSLSI and others.
Co-initiator and host of International conference series expected to be held over the next several years aimed at developing the Life and Livelihood skill levels leading to an equitable and inclusive growth of rural India and to create awareness of the Indian skills challenge among relevant stakeholders.
- SKILLS2017: Leveraging Digital India for Rural Empowerment . To be held on 16-17 November 2017 in Hyderabad, India.
- SKILLS2015: Realizing and Sustaining Clean India . Held on 19-20 November 2015 @ ni-msme, Hyderabad, India.
- SKILLS2013: The Challenges for International Cooperation . Held on 12-13 December 2013 @ National Academy of Construction, Hyderabad, India
- SKILLS2010: The Challenges for Institutional Development . Held on 16-18 December 2010 @ National Academy of Construction, Hyderabad, India
- LSLSI Conference Series .
Pilot initiative of ‘Promoting Agriprenuerhsip and skills in rural areas through convergence of development programs’: The program is aimed to build a comprehensive skills delivery mechanism in rural areas woven around agriculture sector for productive engagement vis-à-vis to gain diversifying income opportunities in non-farm activities through employment, self-employment and entrepreneurial opportunities.
This is a joint intervention by LSLSI and Sarvareddy Venku Reddy Foundation for Development, a rural and agriculture development Foundation. National Institute for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (ni-msme), an organization of Ministry of MSME, Government of India, National Institute of Agricultural Extension Management (MANAGE), an organization of Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India and Extension Education Institute (EEI), Hyderabad, an organization of Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India are extending their support to the enterprise.
As part of Make in India initiative, LSLSI in association with Federation of Indian Micro & Small and Medium Enterprises (FISME), to promote entrepreneurship and facilitating the creation of a competitive environment among MSMEs, is conducting ZED (Zero Defect Zero Effect) Model awareness programmes among MSMEs across all Telangana Districts.
ZED Model awareness program is to create proper awareness in MSMEs involved in manufacturing about ZED manufacturing and motivate them for assessment of their enterprise for ZED rating . We consider our effort would help Telangana State’s ambitious approach to ensure the production of high quality goods at the most competitive price to establish “Made in Telangana - Made in India” as a brand with high global recognition as elicited in its Industrial Policy.
LSLSI, in association with Federation of Indian Micro & Small and Medium Enterprises (FISME), R.K Reddy Associates and SVRL & Co, Chartered Accountants, Hyderabad jointly initiated a state-wide campaign to hold a series of seminars on GST to elicit the awareness for smooth adoption by MSMEs.
The first programme “Seminar on GST: Making your Business GST compliant” held on 25 February @ FISME, Hyderabad. The Seminar was specially designed for Managers and Executives from MSMEs who are responsible for the implementation of VAT/GST compliances.
CERTIFIED TRAINING PROGRAMS
LSLSI, in collaboration with Industry and domain expertise academia, initiated implementation of certified training programs that are aimed to create a bridge between deserving talent and vacant jobs that are difficult to fill due to a crisis of employable skills.
Launching soon is Certified Accounts & Administrative Assistant [CAAA] program, first of its kind training program focused to equip commerce graduates with knowledge and employability skills needed for entry-level positions in the specific domains of Accounting and Administration and connect them to employment.